U.S. Open Basketball Championships
The U.S. Open Basketball Championships is USA Basketball’s premier youth basketball tournament for boys and girls teams with divisions of competition for 12U, 13U, 8th grade, 9th grade and 10th grade. Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis while capacity permits. Join teams in Indiana this summer to compete for a championship!
$400/team – Early bird special pricing through February 7
$550/team – Standard pricing while capacity permits
CURRENT DETAILS FOR THE 2022 U.S. OPEN BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS MAY BE FOUND BELOW AND ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AS NEEDED.
July 13-17, 2022
*All teams must be prepared to play on Wednesday, July 13 following check-in
The Pacers Athletic Center
200 E 186th St A
Westfield, IN 46074
Finch Creek Fieldhouse
16289 Boden Rd
Noblesville, IN 46060
Team Roster Eligibility
10th Grade – Grade exception: Athletes must be enrolled in the 10th grade or below (as of October 1, 2021) AND cannot turn 18 prior to September 1, 2022
9th Grade – Grade exception: Athletes must be enrolled in the 9th grade or below (as of October 1, 2021) AND cannot turn 17 prior to September 1, 2022
8th Grade – Grade exception: Athletes must be enrolled in the 8th grade or below (as of October 1, 2021) AND cannot turn 16 prior to September 1, 2022
13U – athletes cannot turn 14 prior to September 1, 2022 (this is an age division, grade exceptions are not permitted)
12U – athletes cannot turn 13 prior to September 1, 2022 (this is an age division, grade exceptions are not permitted)
All coaches and bench personnel participating in the U.S. Open Basketball Championships must obtain and hold a valid USA Basketball 2021-2022 Coach License with USA Basketball throughout the duration of the championships. Either the gold or associate license is acceptable.
Team Registration Process
Team registration for the USA Basketball 2022 U.S. Open Basketball Championships is open on a first-come, first-served basis until capacity is met. Registration includes basic team and coach information, acknowledgment of tournament standards and team entry fee.
Following registration, all teams must complete roster verification on National Sports ID. The deadline to complete team verification is July 6, 2022. Registered teams will receive a confirmation email with instructions.
1. All coaches/bench personnel must hold a valid USA Basketball coach license prior to competition (either the gold or associate level);
2. All coaches/bench personnel must abide by the USA Basketball coaches code of conduct and SafeSport policies;
3. All athletes must be verified as eligible by the age and/or grade player segmentation criteria for the team’s division of competition;
4. Team rosters may not exceed 15 personnel in total, including all players and coaches. The roster must include at minimum 1 licensed coach and a maximum of 14 players;
5. Team must be ready to play at any time on Wednesday, July 13.
The U.S. Open Basketball Championships is played by FIBA 5×5 rules, with appropriate modifications.